North Atlanta Women's Specialists
Obstetrics & Gynecology located in Atlanta, Duluth & Marietta, GA
Whether you have fibroids or suffer from endometriosis, you may need surgery as a treatment option. The experienced and skilled team at North Atlanta Women's Specialists, with an East Cobb office in Marietta, Johns Creek office in Duluth, and Northside and Midtown offices in Atlanta, Georgia, uses minimally invasive surgery to perform many gynecological procedures. To schedule a consultation with the surgical experts, call the office nearest you or use the online tool to schedule an appointment today.
Minimally Invasive Surgery Q & A
What is Minimally Invasive Surgery?
Minimally invasive surgery involves the use of special surgical tools and equipment to perform complex procedures through small surgical incisions. The advanced surgical approach offers many benefits, including:
- Smaller scars
- Minimal blood loss
- Faster recovery
- Less pain
- Reduced risk of infection
North Atlanta Women's Specialists features women’s health experts and offers minimally invasive surgery to perform many gynecological procedures.
What are the Types of Gynecological Minimally Invasive Surgery?
The experienced OB/GYN team uses many innovative tools and techniques to perform minimally invasive gynecological surgery. The types include:
- Laparoscopic Surgery: During laparoscopic surgery, your OB/GYN inserts a special surgical camera through a small incision in your abdomen, which transmits images to a computer screen. They then make a few additional small incisions to insert the surgical instruments needed to perform the surgical procedure.
- Robotic Surgery: Robotic surgery is the most advanced type of minimally invasive surgery and combines laparoscopic surgical techniques with robotic technology. During robotic surgery, your OB/GYN uses robotic arms they control from a hand-held console in the surgical room to perform the procedure. With robotic surgery, the team at North Atlanta Women's Specialists performs complex gynecological procedures with greater precision and accuracy.
- Vaginal Surgery: During vaginal surgery, your OB/GYN makes incisions through your vaginal tissue to gain access to your reproductive organs to perform the necessary procedure.
What Procedures Use Minimally Invasive Surgery?
The team at North Atlanta Women's Specialists uses minimally invasive surgery to perform many common gynecological procedures. The procedures performed may include:
- Myomectomy (surgical removal of fibroids)
- Removal of ovarian cysts
- Treatment for endometriosis
- Endometrial ablation
- Sterilization surgeries
- Loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP)
The team may also suggest a diagnostic laparoscopy to confirm or rule out a suspected gynecological diagnosis, such as endometriosis. During the test, your OB/GYN may then perform any necessary procedure to alleviate symptoms and improve health.
Am I a Good Candidate for Minimally Invasive Surgery?
The team at North Atlanta Women's Specialists determines if you’re a good candidate for minimally invasive surgery during a consultation.
When deciding the best treatment for your gynecological condition, your doctor takes into consideration your diagnosis, current health, and past gynecological and surgical history. In most cases, they recommend a minimally invasive approach.
For comprehensive gynecological care, including minimally invasive surgery, from an experienced and skilled team of women’s health experts, contact North Atlanta Women's Specialists by phone or book an appointment online today.
Obstetric & Gynecology Services
High Risk Pregnancymore info
In-Office Ultrasoundmore info
Well Woman Exammore info
Minimally Invasive Surgerymore info
Birth Controlmore info
Abnormal Bleedingmore info
Pelvic Painmore info
Ovarian Cystsmore info
Pap Smearmore info
Prenatal Caremore info
Hormone Therapymore info
Urinary Incontinencemore info
Ovarian Cystectomymore info